- The academic year at JMJ School runs from April to March. Admission to any class is governed by the rule that the student must have attained the age of 3+ before he/she enters Class I in April.
- There are two main admission levels into the school - Nursery & Preparatory. Application forms are generally available from mid-December onwards. (Please check dates with the school for that year). The students are selected under the following categories:
- For Nursery: General category by draw; Siblings, Economically Deserving Candidate - EDC (for those drawing less than Rs. 10,000/- per month), Staff, Alumni and Christians through selection / draw.
- For Preparatory - Selection is by placement evaluation under the same categories as above.
- Students from these classes graduate into the next each year. Therefore, there are no admission into Class I - VIII. Parents seeking admissions into any of these classes need to submit an application, and subject to any seat falling vacant in the classes, placement evaluation is conducted between mid February and early March (Please check dates with the school for that year). Parents are encouraged to see the result personally. Only two days are given after declaration of result to complete admission formalities. Class IX - Only children from recognised schools producing a certificate of passing Class VIII and of passing a third language in Class VIII are eligible for the entrance test after registration.
- Class X - Only children who have passed Class IX from a CBSE school are registered for the test. If selected they have to produce certificates of passing third language in Class VIII, CBSE registration number and cumulative record certificate of Class IX from the previous school. Class XI - Registration opens in March, and subject selection is done on the basis of marks obtained in the School Exam and an interview held in the school. A second lot of interviews and selection / admission takes place after the declaration of the Board result, subject to the availability of seats. Students admitted in May/June are expected to cover the initial one month's course before classes start in July.
- A proper birth certificate or transfer certificate must be submitted at the time of admission. In case of Interstate Transfer, the Certificate must be countersigned by the education authority of the State concerned. Generally admission to all classes are over by 1st April. Thereafter, subject to availability of seats, admission maybe granted with applicable late fee upto August.
© 2017 JMJ School All rights reserved